One the major pains I have running my home lab is the Autostart bug in ESX 5.0 update 1, I power down my lab when not in use and power up when I need to do demos or try out new builds of software so its only certain scenarios that this effects, that said it is a pain to have to login to the environment and power up my core infrastructure VMs.
To download the patch and read more information for fixes with this issue see
vCenter Server 5 Update 1a Released
VMware have released a patch to vCenter Server 5.0 update 1 which now includes fixes for a HA bug and also a memory hog issue with vCenter Server Web Services along with some additional functionality as listed below.
Its also good to see an update for the vCenter Server Application (vCSA) which hasnt been updated since 5.0, I can now test out and check all is working with ApplicationHA and vCSA as it did with vCSA v5.0.
For more information and download visit http://bit.ly/P7UbvD
Release Notes :- http://bit.ly/OC440M
vCenter Server Appliance 5.0 Update 1a is the first major update since vCenter Server Appliance 5.0 was released
VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1a is a patch release and offers the following improvements:
- vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1a introduces support for the following vCenter Databases
- Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition, Standard ONE Edition Release 2 [220.127.116.11] – 64 bit
- Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition, Standard ONE Edition Release 2 [18.104.22.168] – 32 bit
- vCenter Server Appliance Database Support: The DB2 express embedded database provided with the vCenter Server Appliance has been replaced with VMware vPostgres database. This decreases the appliance footprint and reduces the time to deploy vCenter Server further.
- Resolved Issues: In addition, this release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section in the release notes.